Are you tired of being out of shape? Do you want to get back into the shape you were in when you were a teenager (or at least your twenties)? We have some pieces of advice that can help you accomplish these goals. Follow this advice, and you will be on your way.
Make sure and find a workout routine that you enjoy so you can keep doing it. If you don’t enjoy your exercise, chances are you are going to find reasons to stop doing it. Try out different exercises and different times to see what works for you. It may be that zoning out on the elliptical does the trick or taking a morning swim keeps you motivated. Jogging around the track before dinner could be your ticket to weight loss. Find what keeps you going back for more and you’ll be well on your way to losing weight.
Rotate your workouts of different muscle groups. For example, one day work on the muscles in your arms and shoulders and the next day work on your legs. This will cut down on pain in each area, and also give each muscle group a chance to rest before you work on it again.
When you are working out, keep your weight training time to under sixty minutes. After an hour of weight training, your body will start to produce more cortisol, which is the stress hormone that can block the testosterone needed to build muscles. This will waste the muscles instead of build them.
Therefore, achieving your fitness goals can be done. However, as you can see, it will require some hard work on your part. You can’t expect to get into shape without putting a lot of effort into it. If you don’t have this drive, then there is no reason to try. However, if you do, then follow these tips, and accomplish your goals.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo