The self-help industry is full of advice. Do this, do that and your problems will be solved. The important thing to remember is to test all advice you get from self help authors to see if it works. Here are some tips you can put to the test to achieve whatever self-help goals you have set.
We all know how easy it is to say your going to change something about yourself and it never happens. It is important that you find some niche that will let you surpass the phase of just saying you want to change. Their has to be something that can convince you, something that will click in your mind, that will let you help yourself!
Personal development is often the province of aggressive planners. An overly-restrictive plan can be a hindrance to successful personal development, though. Plans need to remain flexible to cope with unexpected obstacles. When strategies prove unsuccessful, plans have to change to embrace alternative ideas. A flexible plan is always superior to a rigid one.
Some level of contentment is crucial to mental health and self-improvement. While self-help tactics and tips focus on constant striving, there is a bigger picture to consider. You will never achieve holistic health and mental happiness without allowing yourself a bit of enjoyment. Learn to be content with things you cannot change (your family, last year’s earnings, etc.). Once you are satisfied with the permanent things in your life, you are ready to change the things you can control.
These tips lay a foundation for achieving your self-help goals, but they are not magic. Your job is to put each of these tips to the test and see if it works for you. Modify them as needed. Once you do, you will have created a customized recipe to meet your self-help goals.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo