The world of fitness is so large that it’s easy to become confused and lost about what is right for you. All the possibilities available can overwhelm anyone, so it’s important to get as much information as possible about what is out there. Here are some dynamic suggestions for working on your fitness.
Don’t get stuck behind your desk all day. Unlike our railroad-laying, dawn-’til-dusk farming ancestors, many of us don’t have jobs that require physical labor. If this is the case for you, try incorporating little exercises into your workday. Set a timer on your computer to alert you every hour. Stand up from your desk and either do a lap around the office or a strength move. These little bursts can add up to a lot of extra burned calories over the course of a week, month, or year.
When working out, be sure to wear comfortable, well-fitting shoes. Wearing shoes that are too tight, too big or that put uncomfortable pressure on any area of your foot will cause interuptions in your work-out routine and could even cause injury. Many aerobic and cross-training shoes provide adequate support for a wide variety of athletic activities.
Design your fitness plan to avoid injury. This means using good posture and form while working out, using good equipment, and taking a rest day at least once a week. Replace your sneakers every few hundred miles to avoid leg injuries if you do a lot of walking or running.
Mix up your routines with various kinds of exercises. Adding variety to your exercises will help maintain your interest level and make you a little more eager to go back and work out again next time. This will also prevent your muscles from getting stiff from the same, repetitive exercises.
With fitness, information is crucial. Use these fitness tips to inform you and motivate you to find out even more about fitness programs that suit your particular needs and goals. Getting the right information about fitness can save you time, money, and your health. Make sure you find what works best for you.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo