Personal development is a process that begins when you admit that there are things about you that need some work. The following article is going to provide you with crucial information for helping yourself.
Have pride. Your personal development relies on a strong sense of self. While being boastful is not desired, pride for what you’ve already accomplished is necessary to build confidence to move forward. You’ve worked hard to get to where you are, so acknowledge the good things you’ve done. It will help you achieve greater things later.
Personal development also means being thankful for what you do have. Be gracious for the wonderful things in your life, and use this knowledge to propel yourself to your goals. The support systems you already have in place offer several venues to continue to work on your self-confidence.
Working on your personal growth? Take control – banish negative thoughts! Having the right mindset can make the difference between succeeding and being your own worst enemy. Train yourself to think positively! You will need a rubber band. Place the band around your wrist – make sure it’s not too tight – and every time you catch yourself thinking negatively, snap it! It will hurt, and you will soon find yourself avoiding negative thinking at all costs!
One of the hardest tips to swallow is to accept blame. Take the responsibility for everything that goes wrong in your day-to-day life. Don’t make excuses, just own the moment. It is you that has paved the way to this moment and it is important to be in the driver’s seat, no matter the reason. With this, you will gain the respect of your friends, family and peers and open the door to some enormous personal growth.
Take note of any changes that you may have regarding how you feel or what you are thinking as you try these tips. Cut yourself some slack.
Listen to our podcast episode
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo