When it’s time to pursue leadership skills, then you have most likely realized it’s your time to rise to the occasion. Well, everyone realizes this at different
points, and you want to capitalize correctly on these opportunities given you. Be sure that you work diligently towards knowing how to be an effective leader.
If you’re trying to make a decision, you should try to get input from your team. Your team may be able to help you find a great solution, or they could help you see if
you’re making a bad choice. A good leader should be interested in the opinions of others.
While you should always be there for your team as a leader, don’t forget to nurture growth in yourself. Figure out where it is that you want to grow. Do what you can
to stretch yourself as much as you can. Engage and deepen your passions and strengths to make your most valuable contributions.
Be A Leader
Never belittle your coworkers. Your subordinates will never respect you if you do not treat them with respect. Remember that you are not better than they are. Consider
yourself fortunate to be a leader. Treating your coworkers as you would want to be treated will go a long way in developing a cooperative team.
It is not effective to be a leader if you are not able to set a good example for others. You cannot sit around giving out orders and expecting people to follow then if
they don’t have respect for you. The best way to earn respect is being a positive role model to others.
Perhaps being a leader is always striving to do better and to help people. A leader always learns from mistakes and does what is necessary in order to propel others
forward. In order to do that, you want to implement the tips that you have found out here and get prepared for some great experiences.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo