The art of fitness is so much more than just lifting weights. It takes a great deal of determination, lots of sweat and some knowledge, to really make your routine work for you and your body. The tips below can help you to improve upon your personal fitness plan for a healthier body.
In order to maximize your fitness routine, be sure to keep your workouts under an hour. This will help to prevent injury, as well as get the most out of your workout. You can actually lose muscle and testosterone because your body goes into a minor state of shock due to release of a chemical called cortisol.
Try to use free weights rather than exercise machines. While exercise machines are great a way to stay fit, your body can actually benefit more from free weights. Free weights work stabilizer muscles that most machines don’t. Not to mention, free weights are also much less expensive and bulky. It is a better choice all around to add free weights to your home gym.
If you’re a person who likes to walk for your daily dose of exercise, make sure you bend your elbows while you’re walking. Doing this will make you swing your arms faster and in turn you’ll move your legs faster. Not only will you either finish your work out sooner or go further, but you’ll burn even more calories while you’re doing it!
In order to improve fitness levels when biking, try cycling with just one leg. The benefit of this is that you are able to focus on the important part of your leg stroke, that being the even distribution of workload among all of your leg muscles. This trains your leg for the upstroke and allows the minor, smaller muscles to get a greater workout.
The art of fitness is one that can be enjoyed by nearly everyone, but only those who very seriously, get into it, will try to perfect their personal routine every chance that they get. Now, with more fitness knowledge to add to your “bag of tricks,” you can easily become a healthier person.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo