When building muscle, you may imagine several months of hard work in the gym. But there’s more to building muscle than just physical exercise. It’s important to know how building muscle works so you will see results faster. The following article will give you some great tips for building your muscles.
When attempting to build muscle mass, it is important to ingest the right foods. If your efforts to add bulk are stagnating, it could be because you have an insufficient nutritional intake. To add bulk, you need to consume at least 4000-6000 calories each day from foods, which are calorie dense. Some examples of calorie-dense foods are pasta, nuts, eggs, bagels, trail mix, and steaks. Since vegetables have low calorie-density, keep their intake to a minimum.
Research your routine to ensure that your exercises are optimal for building muscle mass. While some exercises focus on toning certain muscles, others will help you to build those muscles. Make sure you use the correct exercise techniques to build muscle for specific muscle groups.
Consider drinking a protein shake before starting your weight-training workouts. Liquid minerals tend to be absorbed quicker in the body than solid food, so think about having a shake filled with protein, about 10 to 20 grams. The protein shake will help give you a boost of protein to encourage protein synthesis, which is the way to building muscles.
Refrain from performing both strength training and cardiovascular exercises, if your goal is to build muscle, and not necessarily to improve overall fitness. The reason for this is that these two kinds of exercises cause your body to respond in contradictory ways. Focusing strictly on building muscle will help you to maximize your results.
It is likely that you already possessed the desire to work hard at building muscle before even reading this article. With any luck, you are now also equipped with some insight as to how you can do so effectively and rapidly. Reach your goals by using these tips.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo