Fitness can be an exciting thing. In terms of taking better care of yourself and sculpting your body so that you can live a happier and healthier life is truly an exciting thing. To start learning some basics as to how to make this work for you, refer to the tips below.
When you are weight lifting to increase fitness, it is always preferable to use free weights, not machines. This is because the free weights will allow you to build up the supporting muscles around the major muscle groups. Machines, instead, focus on very specific areas. You will see an increase in the amount of weight you can lift on the machine, but not as much strength as if you used free weights.
A lot of people put off exercising because they don’t want to get sweaty. If you don’t want to get sweaty, why not try swimming for your exercise? Swimming can be a great cardio workout. Try challenging yourself to swim an extra five laps everyday. You’ll be in great shape before you know it.
To get the most out of your cardio workout, try interval training. Go as fast as you can for two minutes, and then rest for a minute. By moving your heart rate up and down like this, your workout is maximized, which means those calories are getting burned quicker than ever.
Before plunging right in the water and starting to swim, spend some time ducking your body, head included, in and out of the water. Breathe in while you’re on the surface and breathe out while you are under. This gives you time to acclimatize to the water and your swimming will enjoy the benefits.
So, now do you see why fitness is such an exciting thing? Discovering your own fitness plan and working upon it to make yourself stronger, leaner, and healthier is definitely exciting. The tips above should have created a good foundation for you to build upon and find your own fitness routine.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo