Do you have any questions about nutrition? If you do, you are certainly not alone in the matter. A lot of people wonder just how nutrition plays a role in a healthy lifestyle, and also what they can do to receive the proper nutrition. Read this article and some of your questions just might be answered.
If you wish to have great nutrition, eat foods that are the closest to how they were naturally. Fresh food that has not been processed will help you take care of the nutritional needs of your body and drive those unwanted chemicals and fat out of your system and your diet.
When first starting out with a new healthy diet, it is best to begin at a slow pace. Change will not happen overnight. Don’t force yourself to eat foods you hate. Add foods that you are not used to slowly and allow yourself time to get used to it.
Always eat a balanced diet. The ideal diet for most people, consists of about 20 percent protein, 30 percent fat and between 50 and 55 percent carbohydrates. Most people are aware that too much fat is bad, however, too little can be bad, as well. The same goes for carbohydrates.
To understand nutrition’s importance, you need to gain an understanding of how your body functions. It is made up of many complex systems: the neural, the gastro-intestinal, the lymphatic, the endocrine, the muscular-skeletal and so on. These all dovetail and work together as a whole. This complex “wholeness” is what you need to gain a good sense of, in order to meet your body’s nutritonal needs.
In the article you’ve just read a few nutrition-specific tips were covered in order to show you how simple actions can create big changes in your overall lifestyle. You may still have questions about nutrition, but remember to use these tips to help you receive the proper balance in nourishment.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo