Weight loss can be a major accomplishment or a major stumbling block for you. This type of life improvement is not rocket science, but it does require knowledge so that you don’t end up losing too much at once or not eating enough. This list of tips should help you lose the weight in a healthy manner.
To help you lose weight you should increase your level of physical activity every day. It does not have to be a large increase since doing any more than you currently do will be burning extra calories as well as building up muscle. Muscle is more effective at burning calories so even a minimum weight loss is a good start.
If you want to lose weight effectively, make sure you are getting enough calories. Diets that starve you are extremely harmful. When you do not eat foods, your metabolism will decline. This “diet” leads to overeating and is sure to make you gain weight fast when you start eating normal again.
Chew your meals slowly to ensure you don’t overeat at mealtimes. This promotes weight loss by taking advantage of the natural timing of the digestive process. It takes several minutes for your brain to catch up to your stomach, making it easy to unintentionally eat past the point of fullness.
A great way to boost your weight loss is to eat only fresh foods. The further away a food is from its natural state, the more likely it is to be less nutritious and more fattening. Make a commitment to ban all boxes, bags and bottles from your shopping cart and just focus on fresh foods. If you do, you are sure to lose some pounds.
As you can see, there is a lot more to weight loss than most people think. It requires a lot of work and patience but it will be worth it in the end to help yourself live healthier. By following the above tips, you are well on your way to getting the body you want.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo