If you’d like to lose weight, you’re not alone. Almost everyone feels that they could stand to lose a couple pounds, but for some reason, most people don’t do it! Many people feel that weight loss is intimidating, or aren’t sure how to go about it. If this is you, read on to shed your inhibitions and start shedding pounds!
If you’re trying to lose weight, it’s important to make sure you stay away from sugary-tasting foods and drinks, even those sweetened artificially! The reason for this is that when your body takes in a sweet taste, even if it’s not sugar, it primes your insulin pump for a sweet “hit” to come. Your body produces insulin, preparing for more calories to arrive and you become hungrier, making you eat more. So stay away from the sweet tastes and you will find that your appetite goes down.
To lose weight, you’re going to want to avoid snacking. You can take in a lot of calories without really thinking about it if you snack on junk food. In order to help stop yourself from snacking, try brushing your teeth earlier in the evening rather than right before bed. Since you won’t want to brush your teeth again, it will help stop you from snacking and taking in unneeded calories.
Diet sodas may seem like a good idea if you are trying to save on calories while dieting. But studies have now shown that people who regularly drink diet soft drinks are more likely to be overweight than their non-diet soda drinking counterparts. Instead, opt for fruit juice cut with water or club soda.
As you can see, weight loss isn’t nearly as intimidating as it can seem at first. Weight loss is simple, and as you’ve read, something that you can start right now. Apply the strategies and tips you read in this article now to start becoming a healthier, slimmer, happier you.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo