What is personal development? It’s a broad category, but it has to do with the way we conduct our lives. Everyone strives for more happiness, but some people have a hard time knowing how to bring that happiness into their current lives. These tips on personal development can help you get closer to your own personal sense of fulfillment.
A great self help tip is to not stay indoors for too long. When you keep yourself cooped up indoors, you can become quickly become isolated and very depressed. It may be hard, but try forcing yourself to go outside every day just to get out of the house.
To maximize your personal development performance, never procrastinate. Personal development is all about getting the most out of your time, and you have to remember that time is a finite resource. When you set goals, put a plan in place to begin working towards them immediately, no matter how slowly. Time will pass you by if you put off the tasks you could start on today.
Generalizations are the enemy of your self-improvement and success. Examine your thought processes to see what negative, general beliefs you hold about yourself. If you say in your mind that you “always fail,” etc., this is not accurate. Even if it was only one time, you have succeeded in the past! Remind yourself that the future is bright and self-improvement is possible.
Inspiration is critical to self-improvement. We can be inspired by books, ideas or historical figures. We can also look to living role models in our own lives to show us a path toward self-improvement, happiness, purpose and success. By looking outside and above our circumstances, we give ourselves a high goal to strive for, as well as an example of someone (a role model) who actually accomplished such great dreams.
Personal growth and development are not the easiest things you’ll ever do, but they are some of the most personally rewarding. The kind of character you develop from taking on life’s challenges and coming out the other side as a stronger person is something no one can take away from you.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo