Personal development may be difficult, but you have every reason to start the process today. Personal development can propel your career, relationships and other areas of your life to new heights. You will also feel more confident about yourself and know for certain you are doing the right thing. This article will outline several quick, yet highly beneficial ways that you can start your personal development journey today.
One place, either at home or at work, that should remain clutter-free, is your desk. This is your personal work area, so you need to know where everything is. You need to have organization, such as files and drawers for your important papers and holders for things like pencils, business cards and paper clips.
Some level of contentment is crucial to mental health and self-improvement. While self-help tactics and tips focus on constant striving, there is a bigger picture to consider. You will never achieve holistic health and mental happiness without allowing yourself a bit of enjoyment. Learn to be content with things you cannot change (your family, last year’s earnings, etc.). Once you are satisfied with the permanent things in your life, you are ready to change the things you can control.
Keep studying personal development resources to identify new ideas, maintain focus and get inspiration. There are tons of books, tapes and videos out there to assist you in reaching your goals. By making a habit of reviewing these resources you can pick up new tips and tricks to make your own personal development routine more successful.
As you can see, personal development actually encompasses a multitude of things. If you have fine attention to detail, you can use this to better target your personal development efforts. No matter what you do, though, this process cannot be rushed through. Take your time and enjoy this period of growth!
Listen to our podcast episode
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo