If you start focusing on positive thinking in your life and try to see the good in every situation, you will begin seeing great things happen in your life. Everything will begin to change for you, as you start to smile from the inside out. It may take some time for you to learn to do this, but becoming aware is the first step. If you want to make a change in your life, continue reading on for other great tips on personal development.
You should surround yourself with people who share the same values as you. This will allow you to stay motivated and keep you away from those that might hinder your personal development.
Be true to your self, and be the best “you” possible. Be honest about what you need to be fulfilled and happy, and reject those things that do not bring true joy into your life. Be the best “you” that treats yourself with respect, love and caring. If that version of you does not yet exist, work on finding and developing it.
Try to reshape the way you think by using catch phrases. By keeping certain ideas at the front of your mind, you can begin applying them to the way you think every day. Popular catchphrases include “Say yes,” “Fake it ’till you feel it,” and many others. Using these can help you think and feel better.
Personal development is hard work, so remember to recharge your personal battery. Take time to be with yourself. Exercising is an excellent way to clear your mind of the stress of day to day life and allows you to practice self-discipline. You’ll feel better about yourself and build greater endurance to get through your day!
As you have learned, focusing on positive thinking can help. As mentioned above, personal development goals may not cure your health problems, yet you can steer your life in positive directions. Rather than spinning out of control into the negative aspect of things, take the reigns and steer yourself to the brighter side of life, by using these tips.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo