How much do you really know about vitamins and minerals? Do you know which ones you need for good health, and which ones are less important? Can you identify the brands that provide the highest quality? If you need some help shopping for these supplements, keep reading for some useful advice.
Two of the best sources for vitamin D are exposure to the sun and milk. If you are not a big milk drinker or do not spend a lot of time in the sun, you should take a supplement with vitamin D. Vitamin D protects your bones and keeps them from becoming brittle.
Vitamin A is important; this antioxidant will boost your immune system, improve vision, lower your heart disease risk, and reduce the effects of aging. However, it can be poisonous if you take too much, so stick to about 2300 IU. You can get Vitamin A naturally from carrots, squash, and dark leafy greens.
If you are in menopause, it is not a good idea to consume prenatal vitamins. Because of the benefits of these supplements for nails and hair, many woman take them. This is not a great idea for postmenopausal women because they are typically too high in iron.
Take your vitamins in the way that’s right for you. While the best way to get vitamins and minerals is through food, you may have to take a supplement. If you struggle swallowing pills, you could find smaller or chewable pills to take. You can also use the powders that mix with water.
As you can see, finding the right vitamins and minerals for good health is not as easy as you might think. Fortunately, the right advice can make this task a lot simpler. The next time that you go shopping for supplements, keep these tips in mind. They will help you find what you need.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo