Do you want to feel strong and able to complete any task? Would you like for members of the opposite sex to check you out? Is your health less than stellar and you want to boost it? Whatever your reasoning, read on for ideas on how to build muscle and change your life.
Genetics are one of the most important factors in building muscle mass. There is not much you can change about your interior genetics that shape your body, but you can improve the way you look by becoming more tone. Some of us just do not have the bodies that will have large muscles, so accept that and strive for better tone.
If you have been weight training for a period of time and want to see results a bit more quickly, work on your large groups of muscles, such as those in your legs, back and chest. Some great exercises for those groups are deadlifts, squats, bench presses, dips and military presses.
You have to add protein to your diet so that your body does not cannibalize itself. Muscles are made from protein, meaning you need to keep levels high so they can rebuild. If you do not consume enough protein, it will be extremely difficult to increase your muscle mass. In order to keep your muscles well-supplied, make sure that there are healthy sources of lean protein in most of your meals as well as your snacks over the course of the day.
Try out partial reps in order to grow muscles. This technique involves doing reps with a decreased range of motion. On occasion, these are called pulse reps, and they are done at the end of a set as soon as you hit failure. Although you might not have enough strength to perform a complete rep, you can try out some partial reps until you reach failure a second time in order to put more demand on your muscles.
Some people want to look good, others want to feel good, and yet more people would like to be better able to complete difficult tasks. Building muscle changes your life in a myriad of ways which are beneficial to your greater good. Take what you’ve learned here and run with it!
Listen to our podcast episode
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo