Perhaps the most valued characteristic of human beings is their capacity to change. We are able to realize our shortcomings and take action to alleviate their effect on our lives. While it is certainly true that personal development is a difficult journey, these tips will give you a head start on your way to change.
A great tip to help you with your personal development is to follow a consistent workout routine. Exercise has been proven to lift up moods and keep us from feeling depressed. All it takes is to get in a little bit of exercise every day. Exercising is a great way to feel better about yourself.
In order to improve your personal development performance, look for goals you have been putting off and get to work on them. Ambitious goals and multiple goals are good things – unless you tend to leave some of them unattended. Make a plan that moves you towards your problem goals, at least a little bit every day.
Make sure you are getting eight or nine regular hours of sleep every night. Keeping a good sleep schedule is crucial to your mental health and well being. Sleeping too much or too little can deal a major blow to your mental state. Likewise, sleeping erratic hours may have an adverse effect as well.
Try working in multiple positives. Do your best to keep a positive attitude while you work or work out. You’d be surprised at how much you can accomplish by either changing your surroundings or thinking about a task differently. Try working outside, or possibly thinking of your tasks as a game and try to win at them. Try listening to something that can increase your intelligence while you work out.
Personal development at its heart is a dedication to change. If you commit yourself to the advice provided in this article you can be the leopard that was able to change their spots. Remember that you are the driving force behind your life, and whatever you truly want to change about yourself, you can.
Set your mindset for success, join our community.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo