Weight gain can negatively affect you, both physically and emotionally. You need to do a lot of your research so that you are not starving yourself or losing too much weight at once in order to lose it. There are some tips listed below to help you start losing weight the healthy and safe way.
Plan sensible, healthy meals instead of relying on diet shakes and meal replacement bars. A lot of these products cannot replace real food and they have more calories than you may thing. You will want to eat immediately following the “meal”. They also have a lot of sugar that can boost blood sugar and increase unhappiness.
Keeping track of the calories that you take in each day is an important part of weight loss. Determine how many calories is an appropriate daily goal for you and then create meals that will fit in with your plans. Write down everything you eat, and how many calories it “cost” you, so that you don’t become confused about what you need to do each day.
A great way to lose weight is to listen to music when you are doing cardio. Doing cardio can be very monotonous and boring without anything to distract you. When you listen to music, you’ll stop checking the timer every few minutes, and you’ll be more likely to put more time in.
A good way to lose weight is to avoid eating out at unhealthy restaurants, especially all you can eat buffets. All you can eat buffets encourage you to eat as much as you can in one sitting, and that’s a surefire way to put on a lot of fat.
Weight gain can be problematic, but with some work and some patience, you can lose weight safely. It just takes research and asking your doctor what to do so that you can eat right, exercise, and shed the excess pounds. Do yourself a favor and try using the above tips to help get rid of your extra weight.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo