Building muscles is a matter of knowing what you’re doing so that you can get the results you want. Before heading to the weight room, read this article. The tips below will give you some ideas about how to effectively build your muscles so that you don’t waste time or energy on exercise routines that don’t really work.
You will be able to build muscle faster if you take breaks between workout, days in contrast to working out every day. The reason for this is that muscles heal and grow while you are resting, and not while you are exercising. Create a workout routine that alternates between workout and rest days.
The “big three” should form the core of your exercise routine. They include dead lifts, squats and bench presses. Along with adding muscle, these exercises help you improve your strength and condition your body. Do some variation of the “big three” exercises regularly.
Push all your exercises to near muscle failure. Each repetition needs to be pushed to a point where your muscle can not do one more set because of fatigue. It does not matte if you start light and increase to maximum weight, you need to make sure not matter what weight you are using you push to fatigue.
If you have been working out for a while, though you feel like your muscles are not getting as big as you would like them to be, try to focus your workouts on your biggest muscles. Work more on your chest, legs and back. This will help to increase your protein synthesis, which will help your muscles to get larger.
Again, you need to understand how muscle building works, if you want to build your muscles effectively. Hopefully, you have a more solid grasp of the basics now, so you can create a muscle-building plan that makes sense. Use the tips you just read to help you come up with an effective way to build your muscles.
Listen to our podcast episode
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo