People around the world seek ways to improve themselves each year. Their methods include changing their appearance through style and body changes, changing their wealth through increasing income, and changing their intelligence by attending college. All of these methods fall into what is called personal development, and this, ladies and gents, is what I believe to be the key to true happiness and satisfaction in life. If you would like to join them, then continue reading this article.
Generalizations are the enemy of your self-improvement and success. Hundreds of thoughts pass through your mind every single minute. For most people, these thoughts come in and control the mind, without any awareness whatsoever that you are in control of what you let into your mind. Guess what happens when you have a mind full of junk and you’re not aware of it? It affects how you behave, how you see the world, and most importantly, what you believe about yourself. This comes from the ideas you were fed growing up, the friends you keep, and even the music you listen to. So the next time you spend the whole day replaying that Rap Caviar playlist on Spotify (which ironically is my favorite playlist), think about what you just read.
Change Your Inner Game
Examine your thought processes to see what negative, general beliefs you hold about yourself. If you say in your mind that you “always fail,” etc., this is not accurate. Even if it was only one time, you have succeeded in the past! Remind yourself that the future is bright and self-improvement is possible.
End the day in a constructive way: think about what went wrong and visualize how you would have liked it to go. This way, you release the negative thinking around it, and get a better night’s sleep knowing you have let it go. Eventually, your days might start going better too.
Keep lists of your progress daily. When you have completed these lists, don’t be so quick to throw them away. Just because the lists are complete does not mean that you are done with them. Try surrounding yourself with your progress by keeping them and displaying them. This can give you drive and let you know that you can accomplish your goals.
Know what your core beliefs are and live by them. Each individual has beliefs that he or she follows all the time. If you have this rooted in a good foundation, your self-esteem will benefit greatly due to this. This practice will encourage consistency, a valuable character trait to keep.
As stated in the article above, people worldwide are looking for ways to improve themselves. They use methods such as body changes, income changes and changes to intelligence, which are all considered personal development. You can begin your own personal development, whether it is body changes or income changes, by applying the information found in this article.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo