Your body needs vitamins and nutrients for so many reasons. Vitamins and minerals help your body perform daily functions that you take for granted. Understanding how vitamins work and what vitamins help with what functions is important when planning a healthy diet. Keep reading to learn more about giving your body the nutrients it needs.
Vitamins and minerals need to be synthesized if your body wants to use them, so you need to know about any potential reactions. One good example is the fact that calcium can prevent the body from absorbing iron. Don’t drink or eat dairy products or take your calcium supplement until about a half hour of taking your iron.
If you are lacking a particular vitamin, it is probably best for you to add that to your diet instead of taking a multivitamin. While there are many different vitamins and minerals in these pills, most of the time the level of particular vitamins is not as high as we need. Buying a single vitamin would be more effective.
Milk and the sun are great ways to get vitamin D. If you aren’t a sun person or milk drinker, a Vitamin D supplement may be for you. Vitamin D will protect your bones, preventing them from getting brittle.
When looking for supplements, make sure that you look for those that are in their purest form. For example, Vitamin D3 is the purest form of this supplement and D2 is the synthetic version. This means that the latter may not be as effective and may possibly give you different results than you had hoped for.
As it was stated previously, vitamins and nutrients are essential for a healthy lifestyle. Eating well is an important part of getting the vitamins and minerals your body needs, but there are other ways. Use the information and tips listed above to make sure your body is nourished like it should be.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo