Although humans are living longer than ever before through advances in technology, you will find that technology also makes it easier and more convenient to eat unhealthy food. Making the healthy choice to eat nutritional foods is important to living longer and feeling better. There follows a list of hints that can help.
Whenever you get that growling sensation in your tummy, have a healthy choice on hand. Look at portion sizes for your usual, and then compare that to the healthy alternative. This is a chance for you to fill up for less. Keep snack size portions on hand so you can’t use the “it’s easier to get the other” excuse.
Carefully inspect food labels to determine the nutrition facts. Reduced fat products can still contain high amounts of salt, sugar or other unhealthy additives. Highly processed foods are not ideal for losing weight. The healthiest items at the grocery store will have a list of ingredients you recognize. Artificial ingredients make for poor health, and food that contains them needs to be avoided.
Good nutrition can be the answer to managing some bothersome digestive health problems. Fiber is essential for digestive health and can be added to the diet to relieve constipation. Careful preparation of beans can avoid the gas commonly associated with this high fiber ingredient. For diarrhea, try small amounts of nuts or nut butters.
A mineral that is extremely rich to add to your diet plan is zinc. Zinc is one of the most powerful antioxidants on the market, as it will help to break down the toxins and free radicals in your body. This will reduce fat and make you feel better as the day wears on.
Common sense tells you that making the easy choice is usually not the healthy choice when it comes to good nutrition. Make sure to make the most nutritional choice by using the healthy recommendations in the article above. There is no advance in technology that can be a substitute for good nutrition.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo