When you are a unique, creative individual it is likely that you will take pride in your identity. Determine what would make you happier and as long as it is healthy, implement it. Have fun with your identity and express yourself with style, office and home décor and don’t worry about others. When you feel that you are what you want to be you are on your way to personal development.
One of the best ways to get an accurate picture of yourself and to learn wisdom is through serving others. Whether you enjoy volunteering at a homeless shelter, helping kids at your church or cleaning up the environment, service projects can strengthen your sense of purpose and your connection to your fellow human beings.
While the term “self-help” implies that you can lift yourself up by your bootstraps and better your life, you can never do this alone. Seek out colleagues and mentors who can give you wisdom or advice during crucial times. By building a network of supporters and asking for help, you make yourself better-equipped to help yourself and survive troubled situations.
We all know how easy it is to say your going to change something about yourself and it never happens. It is important that you find some niche that will let you surpass the phase of just saying you want to change. Their has to be something that can convince you, something that will click in your mind, that will let you help yourself!
Discovering who you are as an individual can be one of the hardest things to do in life – personal development or not. Experimentation and self-expression are essential to be successful in becoming your own. Once you begin identifying with what works for you when expressing yourself you will become more confident and happy. Enjoy and love yourself!!
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo