Nutrition and dieting go hand in hand. It is the same for nutrition and fitness and even nutrition and living in general. That’s because nutrition is basically a blanket term that covers the nutrients you ingest. Throughout this article, you will learn some great and easy-to-use nutrition tips to help you keep things healthy and well…nutritious!
To avoid eating too much food at mealtime when dieting, use smaller plates, bowls and cups. It is instinct to fill up your plate so if you use smaller dishes, you will eat less food. Your mind will also let your stomach know you are full since you see a full plate when eating.
Watch your cholesterol intake. Cholesterol affects your metabolic rate which affects how fast or slow your body breaks down food. Having too high cholesterol can cause heart disease, heart attacks or even strokes. Aside from making sure you have a healthy diet with low cholesterol, make sure you see a physician if you are concerned with your levels.
To understand nutrition’s importance, you need to gain an understanding of how your body functions. It is made up of many complex systems: the neural, the gastro-intestinal, the lymphatic, the endocrine, the muscular-skeletal and so on. These all dovetail and work together as a whole. This complex “wholeness” is what you need to gain a good sense of, in order to meet your body’s nutritonal needs.
Buying from a small farm near where you live has nutritional benefits. It can also have other benefits that are less calculable. If you go to the farm and talk with the farmer and see how the food is grown, you will gain a personal connection and satisfaction with your food.
Remember, whether you’re trying to lose some weight or gain some muscle or anything in between, proper nutrition is essential. We are what we eat. What you’ve just read here are some great nutrition-based tips. Don’t forget to use these tips in your day-to-day life for optimum results.
Listen to our podcast episode
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo