Nutrition can be so very important to the human body. Babies won’t fully develop when deprived of it and adults won’t survive long without it either. The positive (and often hidden) effects that nutrition has on the human body can’t be over-emphasized. This article can help you to understand more about nutrition and how to make sure that you are getting it.
Read the fine print. When you are grocery shopping, don’t be fooled by packaging that gives the impression of containing healthy food. Don’t assume that because it is “low-fat” or “organic”, that it is healthy. Take a second to flip the box over and read the nutrition information panel and ingredient list to determine its nutritional content for yourself.
If you want your children to eat better foods, get them involved in the cooking process and they will be more likely to eat what they make themselves. Children love to be creative and the kitchen is an excellent place to do so. When they experience how good food is made it builds excitement to eat it.
Vitamins And Minerals
Taking a daily multivitamin can be an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Even a very healthy diet can often lack important vitamins and minerals. A daily multivitamin can help to fill in the gaps in your nutritional needs. Consider a multivitamin to be your insurance policy and take one every day.
Nutrition is one of the key components to proper weight control. Knowing what to eat and what to avoid can help you lose weight or maintain your current weight if you have reached your goal.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are great snacks that can help keep weight off and give you what you need in nutrition when it comes to vitamins and minerals. The importance of nutrition to human growth and development should be obvious. There is no way that it can be over-emphasized. By learning from this article, you can bring the benefits of good nutrition to your life, and be able to share it with those around you.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo