One of the most important things you need to determine in your quest for bettering yourself, is your perception. There are numerous ways you can alter, improve and change your perception of yourself that will in turn, aid you in all of the other changes you wish to make with yourself and in your life. This article incorporates advice on things you can do to bring you a step closer to where you would like to be.
Seeking a mentor is a great step to improving your self-esteem, as well as in gaining the wisdom you will need to face life’s difficult situations. Think about the people in your life, and approach someone you truly respect. Meet with them for lunch or dinner once a week or even once a month. Try to learn from their experience and gain wisdom from them.
One major part of self development is learning to be humble. While being confident about your skills and expertise is wonderful, too much can stop further improvement in its tracks. Recognize that you can still make mistakes, and acknowledge what other people can do to enhance the knowledge you already have.
Seek transparency when you’re looking for information to guide you on your path to self-development. Any advice you follow should have good intentions with clear origins. This protects you from eloquent, yet nefarious people out to make a dollar on others’ struggles. Protect your heart when you’re looking to tackle very intimate issues.
As mentioned in the beginning of this article, being able to positively improve and change your perception of yourself enables you to identify and build upon other areas on your life that you wish to develop further. Apply diligently the tips and advice outlined in the article for success in bettering your perception of yourself.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo