There is a new breed of business that is becoming evermore present. Home businesses are proving themselves to be thriving and profitable options. While the choice to be home based is not for everyone, for some it is the perfect fit. This article has a variety of tips and advice for the novice and seasoned home business owner alike.
Expenses such as taking clients out to lunch can be deducted on tax returns. Many of these types of meetings are considered to be tax-deductible business expenses. Always make sure that you are only writing off meetings that are with actual clients, or individuals that you are hoping will become clients, because other meals and entertainment opportunities are not tax-deductible.
If you are running a home based business, you need to have a domain name and a website. Even the best websites will still look unprofessional if they are hosted on a free web-building site. Domain names are relatively cheap. Pick one that’s related to your business and you will undoubtedly see an increase in sales.
It’s important to have a plan in case your home business has issues. Establish contingency plans so you can face issues such as your website being offline or problems with your distributors. Planning for bumps in the road will help you from crashing and burning when something bad comes up.
When you first start out, send a newsletter to family and friends. Make sure there is a freebie or some type of discount offered when you start your business. Pleased customers can then be encouraged to pass on the word of your business to others. Word of mouth advertising doesn’t cost you anything and it can be really effective.
The beauty and the challenge of any home business is that they are totally dependent upon you and what you are willing to put into them. If you consider some of what was covered in this article you can improve your businesses potential. It really is possible to have a thriving business based right from your home.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo