Personal development might appear very complicated and involved, but if you know what you are doing, it can be a very rewarding experience. If you don’t know what you are doing, you can hurt your self-esteem and confidence. Fear not, the tips listed below can help you avoid this.
Do your best to keep your work at work. Mixing work with home can not only put a lot of strain and stress on you, but it can to your family and relationships too. Try to give yourself a break when at home. If you work at home, keep it in your office or wherever it is that you work; don’t start bringing it to other areas of the home. Don’t be afraid of a break.
While you need a healthy sleeping schedule, don’t ever be afraid to sacrifice a bit to work toward something that you desire. Sometimes using those extra hours can work to your favor and you can even discover new things that you never knew about. So, shake up your schedule when you need, just do not regularly deprive yourself of sleep.
Before you can take a single step on your journey to self-improvement and success, you must accept responsibility. You,and you alone, are the one to blame for your failures, and you, you alone, are the one who can make necessary changes to achieve success. You need to give yourself a bit of tough love. Remind yourself that no one is going to hand you your perfect life on a silver platter. With that in mind, pursue your dreams and take credit for your successes!
So as you can see, personal development is not anywhere near as complicated as it appears. You need to do research (not least upon your inner self) and then you need to work based on your findings. The effort is worth it in the end. With the above tips in mind, you should be smarter when it comes to developing as a person.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo