Obesity is a health problem that can negatively impact your mental and physical condition. If you happen to be someone who is struggling with losing weight, you need to make it a priority to change that. Below is a treasure trove of helpful advice that will set you on the right path to losing weight.
Plan out your meals for the week and as you begin each day follow your plan accordingly. When you plan out what meals you are going to eat and when it leaves less room for spontaneity and less of a chance you could slip from your diet and eat fast food. When you are going on a diet, you have to commit, and part of committing is planning.
A key element of weight loss is portion control. Modern portion sizes, especially when eating out, are nearly double the size they used to be. Choosing healthy food is a great start, but if you do not control how big your portions are, that healthy dish could have twice the calories that you would expect it to.
One simple way to help with weight loss is to invite an extra guest to the dinner plate. Simply adding an extra vegetable will introduce a low-calorie dinner partner that literally, takes up more space on the plate, adds variety in taste and texture and leaves you less room for the high-calorie foods. Of course, it also helps if you eat your veggies first, when they’re nice and hot.
Make sure you are hanging out with active people when you want to lose weight. We are more apt to become active when we are around those who are already active. Plopping down next to your favorite couch potato may be a great way to pass some time, but it is not going to do much for your waistline.
This article should have helped you see what you now need to do. Get up, work out, and make some positive changes so you can reach your goals. The advice is here, but it is up to you to implement and make positive changes to your life.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo