The tools needed for personal development are different for everyone and it can be difficult to find just the right advice to get you started on your path. Here you will find a number of tips that you can apply to your everyday life. Your journey to a new and improved you, begins now.
Some level of contentment is crucial to mental health and self-improvement. While self-help tactics and tips focus on constant striving, there is a bigger picture to consider. You will never achieve holistic health and mental happiness without allowing yourself a bit of enjoyment.
Learn to be content with things you cannot change (your family, last year’s earnings, etc.). Once you are satisfied with the permanent things in your life,
you are ready to change the things you can control.
Assigning blame is, in the vast majority of cases, a waste of time. Part of a successful personal development regimen is learning this fact and giving up the blame game. Focusing on overcoming new problems is more productive and more mature, than trying to find out who is to blame.
Do what you can to stop nagging people if that is a habit that you have. This does nothing but annoy everyone and it makes you appear both unprofessional and someone nobody wants to be around. If you need something done or something is not done correctly, speak nicely to the person and express what needs to happen.
They’ll appreciate the kindness and will most likely try to fulfill your request because you did not irritate them by nagging.
While the term “self-help” implies that you can lift yourself up by your bootstraps and better your life, you can never do this alone. Seek out colleagues and mentors who can give you wisdom or advice during crucial times. By building a network of supporters and asking for help, you make yourself better-equipped to help yourself and survive troubled situations. You can now take the personal development advice that you have learned here and move forward with the tools
that will set you on a permanent journey towards progress.
Use the information to stay motivated and implement the tips that you find relevant, to wake up each day a better and happier person.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo