The body is a complex piece of machinery. There are hundreds of processes already happening in your body right now without your permission, so when you introduce something new, it takes a while for your body to adjust. That is true of any new habit, including weight loss. Here are a few weight loss tips to get your body used to your new lifestyle right away.
Use inspirational quotes to help you in your weight loss journey. When you are in the throes of a powerful food craving, it is sometimes difficult to remember the commitment you have made to good health. Try putting quotes on your refrigerator, inside your pantry doors and other places you will notice them, to help you stop for a second and get refocused on your goal.
Exercise daily, even if you only have time to exercise for a few minutes. Permanent weight loss is not possible without some type of exercise. Exercise not only burns calories, it builds muscle. Since muscle burns fat it is important to build more muscle to achieve weight and fat loss.
Do little things everyday and losing weight won’t be so hard. Even something as little as taking a walk after dinner can help burn calories. The most important thing to remember is to start doing it and stop talking about doing it. Putting one foot in front of the other is a good start.
If you’re exercising to lose weight, try exercising with music. Music has a way of making exercise easier, especially if it’s music you enjoy. Listening to your favorite songs on a mp3 player is a great way to get through a workout, and it will put you in a great mood.
As you continue to work on your weight loss, your body will start to cooperate. And as your body starts to cooperate and you start to lose weight, you’ll be excited to keep going and lose even more weight. Use these tips to get your mind and body in sync and watch the weight come off.
Listen to our podcast episode
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo