Fitness is about more than just running around or looking the part. In order to have proper fitness, your body must feel as well as it appears. This mean that starving yourself or taking dangerous supplements is not being beneficial to your fitness, at all. Thus, should be avoided in exchange for these tips instead.
When you exercise, try exercising with other people. The group dynamic has been shown to grant greater endurance and more energy to the individuals in the group. In effect, you will find yourself working harder and exercising more regularly when others are involved. It is also harder to skip workouts when others know that you are supposed to be exercising.
To stay fit, forget the phrase, “No pain, no gain!” This phrase is absolutely untrue! If you do a workout that causes you to suffer, you will be highly unlikely to continue to do it consistently. Instead of choosing exercise routines and forms of exercise that cause you distress, choose activities that you enjoy and want to do. Consistency is far more important in pursuing, attaining, and maintaining fitness than intensity.
To effectively build muscle, avoid painkillers. That may run counter to your instinct, but there’s some research to suggest that painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can, if taken after working out, render all your pain pointless by preventing muscle growth. Plus, scientists say the painkillers aren’t any more effective than placebos at killing the post-workout pain, anyway.
Try to avoid taking a pain-reliever pill directly after you work out, even if you are in some kind of pain or anticipate it later. Research has shown that these are actually as effective as a placebo when it comes to pain relief associated with post-workout time. They are also believed to suppress muscle growth, so they are best avoided.
Those are only a few of the ways to grasp and maintain the concept of proper fitness. Practice the mentioned techniques at least three times a week and start a regular routine if you want to stay on top of your body’s appearance. Nothing is more important than keeping your body healthy and fit.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo