When I spent my teenage years in Nigeria, I went through the most rigorous math classes and did really well. As a high school senior back in the US, my twin brother and I were promoted to AP Calculus, and we both did really well.
For a while, I was mad that all those hours I spent thinking and studying about theorems and rules (like Euler’s Rule which sounds NOTHING like it’s spelled) and truths didn’t directly apply to any of my adult life.
But it actually did this whole time. I’ve come to realize that it has made me a powerful Critical Thinker, with the ability to bring together seemingly unrelated concepts in a way to solve problems. I just never gave myself a chance to use it until recently.
Here’s what I’ve learned. Anyone who has reached incredible success got there by THINKING FOR THEMSELVES.
Are you thinking for yourself? Are you asking yourself questions to solve the problems in your life? In your career? In your business?
Most people don’t. Most people look to others for answers when they are fully capable of figuring things out on their own. Most people are too lazy to do their own thinking to solve their own problems. If you notice you are stuck in any area of your life, the one thing you might just need to do is start asking yourself the tough questions and start THINKING for yourself.
What you come up with just might be the thing that makes the difference.
Think about it.
Success lies within you. It’s all about mindset. Mindset for success.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo