Changing our lives for the better is really just a matter of substituting bad behavior for good. For many, they have turned to bad behavior out of convenience or for lack of a better focus. This article will provide that focus. You will soon be on your way to changing your life in ways you could previously only dream.
A great self help tip is to write down everything you like about yourself. Sometimes depressed people develop such a powerful, negative view of themselves because they can only see what they don’t like. Writing down a list of what you like about yourself can help you see yourself in a different, more positive light.
Spend time in nature. The world is driven by technology and it’s easy to spend a lot of time interacting with people and machines. Spending time in nature is a great way to unwind and to reconnect with yourself. Feel the breeze, see the sky and listen to the birds. You’ll love it.
The phrase “never say never” is always true. Quitting a task in progress not only prevents you from reaching the end of the task, but it lowers your morale. You should follow your goals to the end, and for that reason, you should make your individual milestones small to set yourself up for success. Quitting does nothing to build your confidence, so quit the phrase “I can’t.”
When you are looking for motivation, use positive affirmations. Positive affirmations – like “I can do this!” – help many people to find the quick motivation that they need. These help you to feel confident; able to accomplish more; and grow as a person. Use positive affirmations to keep you focused every step of the way.
Small changes over time make for big rewards in the end. The tips above outline a few of the changes that we can make to garner those rewards. All we have to do is to start working on them. Soon, the negatives that characterized our lives will be a thing of the past.
Listen to our podcast episode
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo