Weight loss is something that many people battle with, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. Experts advise developing a healthy eating plan and sticking to a focused exercise regime. Figuring out how to add this all into our daily lives is the challenging part. However, so here are a few tips that can help.
Part of a fitness plan for weight loss should be strength training. Strength training will help burn more calories during exercise, as well as build muscle cells. Having a higher proportion of muscle cells in your body will increase your metabolism, as muscle cells burn more calories at rest than do fat cells.
A good way to lose weight is to get rid of all the junk food in your house. We tend to eat junk food if it’s around and if it’s not there, we’re less likely to eat it. Get rid of the junk food to make room for healthy food.
A great way to lose weight is to decide to participate in a triathlon. Not only will you be proud of yourself for participating in such a life changing event, you’ll be getting in shape in the process. Training for a marathon can be priceless and will instill a lot of discipline in you.
Avoid carbohydrates when you are trying to lose weight. Carbs are cheap and tasty, but not really healthy or nourishing. It takes the digestive system a long time to process carbs, so long that a great deal of the potential energy in carbohydrate-rich food is converted directly into fat instead of being burned usefully.
In closing, losing weight is a battle that many people face, but it doesn’t have to be such a difficult struggle. By following the tips offered in this article, you too can develop a healthy eating plan and incorporate physical fitness into your daily life. Sticking to this plan long term will help you to find success and meet your weight-loss goals.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo