You may be tempted to rush out to the gym now that you’ve decided you want to build your muscles. However, working out isn’t going to be effective until you know what you’re doing. Read this article to learn some effective muscle building techniques that you can use to help maximize your ability to build your muscles.
Refrain from performing both strength training and cardiovascular exercises, if your goal is to build muscle, and not necessarily to improve overall fitness. The reason for this is that these two kinds of exercises cause your body to respond in contradictory ways. Focusing strictly on building muscle will help you to maximize your results.
Short-term use of creatine supplements can help you build muscle with minimal risks. Creatine plays an important role in your body in that it is required to produce ATP, a basic and vital form of energy. Your body cannot function without ATP, and lack of creatine can cause muscle problems. Having a higher level of creatine will enable you to train more intensely, and for a prolonged period of time.
Calculate your consumption of protein daily. You need to consume about one gram of protein for every pound of body weight each day. Consuming the right amount of protein will increase the muscle growth you get from the weight training that you are doing. Varying the consumption by a little here and there is not going to make much of a difference, but you should strive for the same amount daily.
As you can see, there’s a lot more to building muscles than just hitting the gym every day. After reading this article, you should understand what to do to get started. If you use the tips you just read about, you’ll see the results you hoped for before you know it.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo