The less you understand about nutrition, the harder it is to make good food choices. If you learn the basics and know what you are dealing with, you can easily change your eating habits to healthy choices. Fortunately, this article is packed with simple, practical advice for getting started.
Smoothies are a great diet drink that can also act as a meal or desert. All you need to make it is a blender, along with any ingredients necessary for the smoothie of your choice. Fresh fruit, yogurt, and milk are the main ingredients and all of those are exceptionally healthy foods.
The most important meal of the day, breakfast gives you the energy and motivation needed to lose weight. Breakfast foods naturally contain the carbohydrates, vitamins, and healthy sugars that everyone needs to function effectively and lose weight. Without breakfast, many people will find themselves overeating later in the day. So, never skip breakfast; it will haunt you later that day.
To improve your nutrition, you should keep track of what you eat. All food contains a certain number of calories that you should add up, to make sure you meet the amount of calories that you need everyday. Counting calories also helps you to reduce the quantity of food that you eat, if you tend to overeat.
Make sure to eat the proper amount of fruits and vegetables a day. If you don’t like eating them whole, try different ways to eat them. For example, spinach can be eaten as dry leaves, in an omelet, in lasagna and many other meals. Try eating these healthy foods in a different way and you may find you eat more of them.
Like most things that are valuable, healthy eating is mostly about knowing what you are doing. It is a lot easier than you realize to eat healthy foods when you know what you are doing. Utilize the tips provided above, and in no time at all, your nutrition will be improved.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo