People try to find ways to make themselves better. They go to school to learn a new trade or skill. They go to the gym in an attempt to lose weight or tone and sculpt their body. They invest in stock to gain more money. All of these are considered personal development. The information in this article will help anyone who wants to perform personal development tasks.
Start your day with some light meditation, prayer, or quiet thought. This helps you start your day on the right foot and sets the stage to accomplish a lot. Try it and see how different a day is when you approach it from an attitude of peace.
Keep a gratitude journal. This is a great way for you to realize that your life isn’t as bad as you think it is. Come up with 10 things every day to feel thankful about and write them down. After a while, you won’t have to think so hard because you’ll begin to develop an “attitude of gratitude” that makes you appreciate your life.
A great self help tip that can help you turn your life around is to start communicating with people that you trust and people that support you. Having people around that can listen to you and be there for you can be a great tool in climbing out of a depression.
Personal development is an intimate and challenging process. To make the search for self-discovery easier, consider starting a journal detailing your goals. This can help you visualize your progress and determine optimal timelines for personal goals. You can also use this journal to detail obstacles and successes along the way – you may find your work is reaping more than you’d imagine.
In conclusion, people try to make themselves better by learning new things, shaping their bodies, or increasing their funds. All of these personal development actions are done by millions of people and chances are, you have done some of them. Whenever you want to achieve any kind of personal development, just remember the information from this article.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo