Sometimes it can be difficult to tell what vitamins and minerals are the most important to maintain a balanced diet. Although there are many “superfoods” like broccoli, you need to make sure that you’re taking in a variety of different vitamins daily. Read on for some great tips to make that happen!
Having the right nutrients are essential to maximizing your workout efforts. This will allow your muscles to recover more quickly and provide you with the essential nutrients you need to stay fit.
Two of the best sources for vitamin D are exposure to the sun and milk. If you are not a big milk drinker or do not spend a lot of time in the sun, you should take a supplement with vitamin D. Vitamin D protects your bones and keeps them from becoming brittle.
When buying fat-soluble vitamins, like omega-3, it is a good idea to store them in the refrigerator. Since they contain fat, improper store can cause them to become rancid. Also, make sure to keep them away from heat and light because this can break them down and make them ineffective.
Calcium facilitated bone strength. Your body needs vitamin D, though, to properly absorb the calcium. You can get vitamin D through sunlight, food, and supplements. These can all help in the calcium absorption process.
If you must cook your vegetables, do so carefully. The best ways to cook vegetables and get the most vitamins and nutrients from them are quick and with low heat. Cooking in water is one of the worst ways to cook your vegetables because the nutrients seep into the water.
If you aren’t sure where to start when it comes to improving your vitamin intake, remember that you don’t have to do everything at once. Start slow and incorporate new things into your diet as much as you can. Before you know it, you will have a complete, balanced diet.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo