Exercise can help you get in shape, lose weight and it can be fun. Whether you join a gym or exercise at home, work out at night or during the weekend, this article offers tips to help you squeeze a few hours of fitness into your schedule whenever you can. You should see an amazing difference very quickly, and not only on the scale.
Don’t get stuck behind your desk all day. Unlike our railroad-laying, dawn-’til-dusk farming ancestors, many of us don’t have jobs that require physical labor. If this is the case for you, try incorporating little exercises into your workday. Set a timer on your computer to alert you every hour. Stand up from your desk and either do a lap around the office or a strength move. These little bursts can add up to a lot of extra burned calories over the course of a week, month, or year.
You may have a distinct goal in your personal fitness journey. However, you should avoid obsessing over this goal. Ideally, fitness is a life-long habit, not a short-term fix. Your fitness program should be one that you personally find enjoyable so that you will not be tempted to abandon it. While there is such a thing as being “too fit,” there is no point in time, where you can begin ignoring your fitness entirely.
Sit ups and push ups are really good tools to use for getting a lean body. The best thing about sit ups and push ups is that you can do them almost anywhere. You can do push ups and sit ups at almost any time of the day, all you need is a small window of time and you can execute a quick workout.
If you apply these tips, you should be able to live a healthier life. Fitness helps you look great but it also helps you age gracefully and live longer. Consider other healthy habits such as eating better or quitting smoking. Fitness is only the beginning of a journey that will take you to a place where you can love your body.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo