Whether you are struggling to lose the last five pounds or you are at the beginning of your weight-loss journey with miles to go, this article can help guide you in the right direction. Information is power, and the information here will become a powerful tool to help you succeed.
In order to help yourself stay focused on your weight loss goals, try setting weekly and monthly short-term goals as well as your final long term goal. This will keep you from getting frustrated and instead help you focus on the progress that you have been making all along.
Eating a chunky soup instead of a meal can help you lose weight. It is never smart to drink your calories. If you eat chunky soups that are full of healthy vegetables and beans, you will feel fuller longer.
When trying to lose weight it is important to avoid or cut down on alcohol. Drinking beer and other alcoholic beverages add empty calories that add to weight gain and make it harder to lose weight. It is better to take in calories with nutrients than drink alcohol with useless calories when trying to lose weight.
Replace white bread with whole grain in your diet. White bread is made from refined flour that has been stripped of its nutrients and fibrous qualities. On the other hand, whole grain bread is made from flour that includes all parts of the grain. So whole grain bread is more nutritious than white bread.
Use what you have learned here to help you kick start your weight loss or to re-motivate yourself to get back to the serious business of dropping the pounds. Now that you have the knowledge, the next step is to take what you have learned and apply the advice to your life.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo