Losing weight won’t be too simple. If you have learned the poor behavior of not eating well and doing little to keep active, it will take some work on your part to initially change these things. Use this article to learn how you can lose weight.
A good way to lose weight is to cut out all of the soda you drink. Soda is loaded with sugar and carbohydrates and most of us aren’t very cognizant about how much we actually drink. Cut out all of the empty calories you take in from soda and start drinking water, a healthier alternative.
Everyone owns a bike, and using it more than you ordinarily would is a great way to lose weight. If you need to run a few errands that don’t require you to travel a great distance, ride your bike. It’s a great way to burn calories and boost your metabolism if you have the time.
One of the best and most effective ways to keep yourself motivated is to regularly document your progress, even if it is slower than you’d like. Once or twice per month, jot down the results of your body measurements, BMI, or bench press and compare them against your end goal. This holds you accountable and provides the motivation needed to reach your goal.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to hold yourself accountable to a healthy eating regimen is to keep a daily log of everything you eat or drink over the course of the day. You have a number of options here: Keep a small notebook or pad of paper with you or log onto any of the dozen or so online food intake trackers offered free of charge. If you have an iPhone or other Smartphone, there are also a variety of easy to use apps that serve the same purpose, many of which are free or less than one dollar.
Try using these tips, and you’ll soon see some differences. You need to incorporate changes that you can maintain for life.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo