Anyone can lose weight if they are committed to doing so, but it’s made so much easier if you are aware of effective strategies on losing weight safely and for the long-term. There are many ways to lose weight, but it’s important to do so in a way that is easy for you to stick with. Here are some canny tips that we are sure will be invaluable to you.
Kick start your weight loss plan by eating more spicy foods. Spicy foods have been shown to increase your metabolism, so that your cells burn more calories while you are eating, and after you eat. Also, extremely spicy foods might help you to eat less, if you can’t stand any more of the spice.
Staying motivated is key to losing weight. It sounds simple, but it is absolutely imperative. Make sure to set realistic goals for yourself. Try not to make workout regimens and diet plans that will be difficult to convince yourself to adhere to. You might lose weight slower than you would like, but it should be much easier to keep the weight off.
Although you may be hesitant to go out to a restaurant when beginning a new weight loss plan, try splitting a meal with your significant other, friend or family member. Portion sizes are notoriously large in restaurants, so sharing enables you to still feel full without overeating or consuming extreme amounts of calories.
There is some very useful advice there, and some of it may even be new to you. What’s important however, is to give it time. None of these tips will give you quick results, nor should you want them to. Putting the weight on took a long time, and losing it over a long period is a safer, and more realistic way to go about it. When you don’t see results it can be difficult to keep going on the weight loss journey, but if you have committed yourself to accomplishing your weight loss goal, you are unstoppable.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo