Did you find it hard to get out of bed today? Do you feel tired and sluggish? There’s a chance you aren’t getting enough exercise and taking care of your fitness needs. Getting fit gives you more energy and makes you think clearer in addition to all the physical benefits it provides. Here are a few ways to put fitness first so you feel better.
One way to maximize your fitness routine is to work out with a friend. This will help with positive thinking and also help to push you further than you might have gone otherwise. Humans typically are competitive in nature. This will add a sense of camaraderie and competition to your workouts.
An easy way to get the benefits of a stair stepper in your own home without purchasing a stair stepper is to climb up and down the bottom step of a staircase. Increase your speed to make it a cardio workout, or add squats to the stepping motion to make it a strength exercise.
Are you bored with your exercise habits? Try taking a social dance class. You’ll meet people and learn new skills while having fun and getting fit. Let your taste in music be your guide. Like country music? Go for clogging or square dancing. Prefer classical? Try English country dancing. Do you long for Latin music? Consider tango. Social dancing will banish your boredom!
Rest is critical to any fitness program or regimen. Ensure that you are getting the proper amount of sleep (6-8 hours per night, depending on your particular age and body type). In addition to regular, nightly sleep, you will need to build periods of rest into your exercise schedule to avoid damaging your joints, overloading your muscles and injuring yourself.
Fitness is about more than big muscles. It’s about getting healthy and setting a healthy example. The more fit you are, the better you feel and the stronger you are. Follow these tips and get fitter and you’ll know these things to be true. A fit body feels better and that’s the truth.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo