There are many ways to lose weight and work out. But losing weight is different for each person. The thing about it though is that there is no cookie cutter, single method that is right for everyone. Therefore, as early as you decide that you need to shed weight, the first thing that you must do is to decide on a way that you know will work best for you. All of that will depend on a few things, like your work schedule (maybe you are working the night shift like me), and obviously your body type, etc.
Prepping Your Meals
Cooking in bulk and preparing your meals in advance is one the BEST things you can do to make sure you are on track and consistent. Packing meals will keep you from packing on those pounds. Take some time in the evening or the morning before work, to put together healthy meals to take to work with you. Most of my clients pack their shakes as well as their meals. Bringing in your own meals will keep you from falling prey to the high calorie items that you will end up with, at your local drive-thru.
When cutting down on portion size in order to lose weight, implement a wait time before you go back for more. A fifteen to twenty minute weight time will give your stomach time to tell you that it is full. If not, then have another small portion and wait again.
Protein, Protein, Protein
A healthy diet for weight loss includes plenty of helpful protein. Protein provides excellent nutrition – fuel for fat-burning. It also takes the place of unhealthy carbohydrates in your diet, reducing cravings for junk food. Many sources of protein carry less-healthy ingredients like fat and carbs. Minimize the effects of these undesirable additions by sticking to protein from lean meat, eg. fish/seafood, turkey, chicken, etc.
Drinking Alcohol While Losing Weight
If you love pairing wine with dinner and you are trying to lose weight, don’t cut it out of your life completely–it actually has heart-healthy benefits. Instead, try ordering it glass-by-glass. When you order a bottle of wine, it is common to try to finish the bottle instead of saving it for later. When you resist the bottle, you resist the extra calories that come with it.
Now you can see there are a lot of different options. If you think a program matches your temperament and goals, you need to look into it more deeply. If, after learning more, you think it is the one, go for it. Doing so is the sole method for determining its effectiveness in your specific case. For more info on what works well for myself as well as the clients I serve, feel free to shoot me an email below.
Listen to our podcast episode
- Going With Your Gut Feeling with Danielle King – 033
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo