You got to want it to get it, remember that. If you are serious about getting fit then you are going to have to try your best at all times to achieve fitness. One big key to getting fit is learning how to get fit, knowing what to do and applying that knowledge. Look through this article and see what tips can help you get into shape.
In order to maximize your fitness routine, be sure to keep your workouts under an hour. This will help to prevent injury, as well as get the most out of your workout. You can actually lose muscle and testosterone because your body goes into a minor state of shock due to release of a chemical called cortisol.
If someone is looking for a new way to improve their fitness, taking a martial arts class can be exciting, interesting, challenging, and also fun. The extra activity and exercises that are associated with the martial arts class are new to the body and will serve to improve fitness levels.
To prevent injury while lifting weights on a bench, make sure the bench is well-cushioned. When the bench is too hard, it can throw your spine out of alignment as you exercise, which in turn can damage the nerves in your arms. An easy test is to press down on the bench. Being able to feel the wood is a sign you need to move to a different bench.
Listen to your body when exercising. A little muscle soreness here and there is quite normal, especially if you have started a new kind of workout. Continuous pain is a different matter altogether. It is your body’s way of telling you that you have overdone things, and are in danger of injuring yourself, maybe seriously. Rather than self-medicating with aspirin or another type of pain reliever, visit your doctor.
Getting fit isn’t an easy thing to do and a lot of people struggle with getting into shape. Now that you know some information on ways to get fit you want to start trying them out in your every day life. The only way you’re going to see progress is by trying.
Listen to our podcast episode
- The Power of Consistency with Makiah Green – 032
- Almost Died In Dubai with Vince Ewudo – 031
- How to Reach The Goals You Set This Year with Kiola Raines – 030
- Rethink What’s Possible in Love and Life with Ms. Marisha – 029
- How to Start a Movement with Mario Jovan Shaw and Jason Terrell – 028
- Let Your Wounds Become Your Work – 027
- You Are The Sh*t with Monti Washington – 026
- To Heal You Need to Reveal with Vynce Eiffel and Jade Robinson – 025
- How This Couple Paid Off $162,000 in Debt with Elijah Bankole and Heron Abegaze – 024
- How to Find Discipline and Develop Your Vision with Funmilola Fagbamila – 023
- Finding Comfort In You with Chika Okoro – 022
- Loving Your Natural Self with Angela Styles – 021
- How to Be Resilient with Nurse Mo – 020
- Making the Move to Follow Your Passion with Cortez West – 019
- Unshackled and Being a Change Agent with Jeremy Vasquez – 018
- From Fat-Shamed to Plus Size Model with Jazzmine Carthon – 017
- Listening to your Heart and Following Your Purpose with Ana Marte – 016
- When You Have No Father Figure with Charles Opong – 015
- Couple Goals, Leadership, and Service with Jessica and Joseph Chicas – 014
- From Fit Nurse to ME Warrior with Ashanti Daniel – 013
- #12 – Broken Love and Following Your Dreams with Peace Amadi
- #11 – Fight For Your Fairytale with Stacy Ike
- #10 – Scared as F*ck: Reflections with Vincent and Charles Ewudo
- #9 – Self Love and Embracing Yourself with Terrence Terrell
- #8 – Your Calling & Your Healing with Stephanie Ike
- #7 – Cut the Excuses! with Roderic Grant
- #6 – Self Education is Greater Than Higher Education? with Miles Goodloe
- #5 – Finding Your Own Lane with Stephanie Castellanos
- #4 – Put Yourself First with Lawrence Liu
- #3 – Dress to Impress, But Why? with Lola Wusu
- #2 – Losing 70lbs the Healthy Way with Patra Archie
- #1 – Living in Nigeria with Vincent Ewudo