Roderic is a people person to the core. With 12 years of experience in what he calls the “people business”, he now takes people’s goals, visions, and dreams, puts it on paper, and helps them get to where they need to go, essentially functioning as their GPS. Solution-oriented, and a salesman at heart, he has a core love for helping people. He manages sales offices for fortune 500 companies at his company: To the Top. He now educates on the art of leadership, business building, growth mindsets and continuously providing a safe environment for people to thrive.
Plan of attack for your journey toward success
- Self-empowerment through making yourself accountable for everything
- Cutting excuses out of your mentality
- Making hard work look easy and/or enjoyable is a valuable skill
- Go where the opportunity is
- Pick the right people
- Focus on yourself and your craft
- Employing a SWAN mindset – Sell What’s Available Now
- Standard, Systems, Competition – the three pillars of business
- Have pure intentions and be honest with yourself and your team when it comes to your standards
- The leader’s feelings do not matter – it’s about presenting opportunity to the people who need it, without harboring negativity or worrying about being liked
Struggles we face on our way to excellence
- Putting power into the wrong hands
- Making sure who you put your arm around is someone you want to join you in success
- The group pressure of looking good (nice car, materialistic things) and how that could stunt your actual growth
- Losing track of your own growth because you’re filling everyone else’s tank and how to counteract that
- Facing preconceived notions and racism as a black man, and how to erase that in action by being too good to hate, or ignore
On focusing on building behind the scenes instead of “looking” wealthy:
“Great credit is the new big dick”
On the importance of employing self-competition:
“Always set a new bar for yourself”
On managing and growing a team, and how to be a successful leader:
“When it rains, it rains on everybody. But we will make it through together”
Thanks for Listening!
Leave your comment below.
Ask a question by sending on our contact page.
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us.