Stacy grew up in a Nigerian home in Houston, TX. She spent time abroad before she landed back in the states and eventually in LA, where she has called home for the past four years. She’s experienced moving to a new city with little to no direction, with low funds but tons of drive and focus to make it work.
Since getting to LA, she’s been busy working with companies such as Afterbuzz Baller Alert, Regal Cinemas, Tribune Publishing and the Hollywood Reporter as a writer and on-camera talent. She’s done interviews with Oprah, Tom Ford, and Jamie Foxx to name a few, plus has toured with Mountain Dew to host live shows and partnered with Smashbox Cosmetics for a talk series with fellow influencers. Stacy also recently took on the position as the first live show host of the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). As the host of OWN Tonight, a late-night show, she interviewed cast members from the hit-drama Greenleaf along with other celebrity fans.
Stacy is the founder of Fight For Your Fairytale, a brand inspiring and encouraging other creatives to believe in themselves wholeheartedly and to continually grow past their fears to be the best version of themselves.
Moving to LA: The Struggle
- Stacy was new to LA and had the “trying to make it in show business” experience.
- She was the host on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network’s first live show OWN Tonight (live). ([7:30])
- She went from a very dark place to being the Keynote speaker at her University where others recognized her growth although she hadn’t. ([9:15])
- She felt deeply compelled to pursue her passion regardless of expectations. ([10:30])
- She was forced to make hard decisions to strive towards staying focused and on track. ([13:00])
Lessons from Stacy
- You always fight your petty to get to your purpose. ([17:25])
- Be intentional with yourself and the struggle. ([18:14])
- Do what you want because you want it. It starts and ends with you. ([21:20])
- Nigerian Inception ([24:20])
- Nobody has it all figured out – remain conscious to the fact that we all don’t have it all figured out. We are all constantly growing. ([28:30])
- You will have an epic future and the keys to accessing that are: ([37:13])
- Intentionality, Time Management, Prioritizing, Self-Care, and Not Caring
Some Questions I Ask:
- How do you feel about the Astros? ([4:22])
- Where are you at now? ([5:08])
- Where were you compared to where you are now? ([8:30])
- Have you been to Nigeria? ([22:42])
- You just up and moved? ([10:30])
- Describe the moment of painful loss. ([12:35])
- What’s something you feel a lot of people are missing? ([28:38])
“I worked for free a lot.” ([14:50])
“You really have to make a decision to be broke to find brilliance.” ([20:20])
“You are what you spend your time on.” ([23:08])
“You can’t teach from lessons you haven’t learned.”
Connect With Stacy On
Thanks For Listening!
Leave your comment below.
Ask a question by sending on our contact page.
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us.