In this episode, Ana discusses how to change the perception of those around you while also staying true to your inner voice and not allowing your haters to stop you from accomplishing all that you can be. Ana is the perfect reminder that we all can be strong and fearless, and that our background truly has no determination on where we will end up in life.
Ana Marte is an actor and producer who was raised in the inner city with a tough skin and no nonsense attitude. She turned her hardships into passion and became laser focused on creating the life she dreamed of and becoming the woman that she wanted to be – not the woman that people saw her as because of where she came from.
Heartbreak to Happiness
- Most people are so afraid to succeed because of everything that could go around along the way, but you can’t live your life being miserable because of fear.
- You wake up each day with the choice to better your life and you can push past those fears to achieve your dreams.
- You may struggle but it’s a temporary place to get you to where you want to be, as long as you don’t ever give up on what you want.
- You can’t compare yourself to others, it’s not easy to break out of your comfort zone and it’s okay to fall, as long as you get back up.
- Ana is currently dealing with people who resent her journey since she began building her brand.
- People may turn their back on you and all of a sudden have negative perceptions about you when you are doing more for your life than those around you.
- While you are growing as a person, people may not understand that you’re the still the same person at the core of who you are.
- It can be uncomfortable for others to see you completely change your life and other people may be jealous or wish they could do what you’re doing for yourself.
- You have to continue with your success, even if it gives them more reason to hate.
- People surround themselves with people who are just like them all the time, but should be spending more time learning about topics that they don’t necessarily understand.
- We could learn more about the world and about each other if we just tried to understand other people’s opinions and why they feel the way that they do.
- You should read or learn something new every day to gain more knowledge and understanding.
- You have to be a well-rounded person and stay curious to be able to put yourself in several different situations and stay confident and comfortable.
I’m willing to, even to today, sacrifice everything but my life to make this happen. ([5:28])
Most people are more afraid to be successful than to fail because there is a lot of responsibility that comes with that success. ([7:44])
I used to have, I call it, the Superman Syndrome. I used to want to save everybody. Well, I retire my cape. ([18:42])
I break all those stereotypes, because I’m an educated brown person from the hood. ([25:20])
That’s the reason that I want to be in Hollywood because I want to change the perception, they think all Latinas are the same, all black people are the same, all people from the hood are the same, because of what has transpired in Hollywood for a hundred years, but I want to break that. ([34:40])
Connect With Ana On
Thanks For Listening!
Leave your comment below.
Ask a question by sending on our contact page.
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us.