Patra was born and raised in the U.K. Growing up with African parents, she faced questioning when expressing her desire to become an actress. The drive toward her purpose ended up proving her passion to both of her parents, and she moved to America to pursue her dream fully. She’s also doing personal training and nutrition coaching through Herbalife, and inspires change through her own amazing transformation (going from 200lbs+ to 135lbs).
On loving yourself
- Negative self-talk means you’ve disconnected from yourself, can’t progress
- Happiness will always come from within
- When you’re satisfied with yourself, flaws and all, everything you want in life is easier to get
- Fake happiness – temporary instead of long-term (clubbing, social media image etcetera)
- The importance of training your subconscious mind to sidestep the ego and focus on the love
- Having access to your emotions in order to heal is crucial
- Not releasing negative energy on other people is a choice each person can make
On being connected to your spirituality and having your subconscious show you signs:
“It’s like God foretold what was going to happen”
On losing 70+ pounds and the shift in mindset regardless of ones current size:
“I knew how to fake confidence, but not how to have real confidence. I’m now in the state of my life where I’m like, oh baby, this is real confidence”‘
On personal progression through self-love:
“To get a result it’s all about self-love. Nothing great comes out of negativity”
On gratitude toward African parents and the drive they instill in their children:
“They put that hunger in your heart”
On the experience being a British black female in America:
“It’s like my accent wipes away my blackness”
Connect with her on Instagram: @phitpat
To learn how you can achieve the kind of results she’s gotten through weightloss, nutrition and fitness feel free to send her an email here!
Thanks for Listening!
Leave your comment below.
Ask a question by sending on our contact page.
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us.